Learning Support Assistant Apprentice Brockhill Park Performing Arts College
An excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of a Learning Support Assistant within a well-established and highly regarded Performing Arts College, providing support for the class teacher, whilst attaining a nationally recognised qualification.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
The salary quoted is based on full time working hours, 52 weeks per year. You will be paid for 39 working weeks plus 5.6 weeks as your leave entitlement. The remaining 7.4 weeks will be unpaid. That equates to a pro-rata salary of £7805
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
21 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In your application please ensure that you answer the 2 questions below:
Question one: What interests you about this role?
Question two: What personal qualities do you have that you think would suit a secondary school setting?
An excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of a Learning Support Assistant within a well-established and highly regarded Performing Arts College, providing support for the class teacher.
You will work under the direction of the class teacher and other support staff to undertake education support duties and assist the class teacher in the day to day needs of the pupils in their care, to enable the teacher to implement the curriculum and respond to the pupil’s needs.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain complete confidentiality on all school matters.
- Support for pupils, teachers, curriculum and the school
- To carry out school policy as documented and/or as directed by the Principal
- To present the school in a positive way in the community
- To be aware of the sensitive nature of information learning during the course of duties and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- To follow the school policy on Equal Opportunities
- To be aware of, and have regard to, the Health and Safety policy of the school. To ensure that agreed procedures are followed in the event of an accident or incident
- To undertake additional duties as required commensurate with the level of the job
- You will receive full training during your Apprenticeship.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard.
- Functional skills in English and Maths at level 2 if required.
- Workbased and online training delivery
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This role may secure a full-time position within the college for the right person on completion of their apprenticeship, although this cannot be guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A to C or 9 to 4, or predicted) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade A to C or 9 to 4, or predicted) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A to C or 9 to 4, or predicted) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Ian Pearce, Business Development Manager
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.