We are looking for an enthusiastic and willing individual that would like to start an apprenticeship within the welding industry.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
overtime rate after 37.5 hours a week
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Sep 2022
13 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be assisting with the building of commercial vehicle bodies; candidates must have the ability to use the MIG welding equipment and have a decent understanding of welding and fabrication.You will be starting with components first and then progressing on to the full assembly of the vehicle bodies.
Your duties will include:
- To operate safety equipment and uses safe work habits while performing his / her job function
- To weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- To detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notifies supervisors
- To clamp, holds, tack-weld, heat-bend, and grind or bolts component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- To operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, and flux-cored arc, plasma arc, and shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding
- To monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials
- To be able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Welding Level 2 Standard Apprenticeship
Maths and English Functional Skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.