Nursery Apprentice THE MULBERRY BUSH (BITTERNE PARK) LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to begin a career in childcare or looking to progress from a Level 2 to a Level 3. We are advertising to fill a vacancy within the Mulberry Bush, for a Nursery Apprentice at either Level 2 or 3 depending on prior experience and qualifications.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
20 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Trainer
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
If the candidate already holds a Level 2 in Childcare, the Level 3 Standard option is available (18 months).
Training completed via work based visits at the nursery and 4 hour study time provided for coursework
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For all candidates (Level 2 or Level 3), there is the potential to be offered a full-time Nursery Practitioner position. Ability to progress within the company with time and experience
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.