Engineering Technician - Machinist Apprentice LONE STAR LEEDS LIMITED
Due to continued growth, well-established LoneStar are delighted to present this fantastic opportunity to join their Leeds engineering manufacturing site. Over a 4-year period, you'll be training and working with highly trained people to develop your skills and knowledge in engineering machining (CNC and Conventional). Do not miss this great role!
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
This will be reviewed annually and, based on performance, apprentices will receive incremental increases towards skilled rate upon completion and apprenticeship certification.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
20 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will be trained to become a member of our highly skilled team of engineers consisting of skilled millers, turners, fitters & grinders, and inspectors for potential future progression within the company.
- Operating and setting of machine tools
- Continuous support to the production department with improving efficiency and working towards lean manufacture within their cell
- Report defects to their Team Leader / Line Manager and support the quality department when investigating root causes
- Reporting any faulty equipment to Team Leader / Line Manager
- Maintain equipment
- Maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of all areas within the section they are working in and walkway around it
- Retrain where needed to develop the business
- Cooperate with the organisation, undertaking any other given role within their capabilities
- Ability to use standard engineering equipment
- Ability to operate and run various CNC machines using FANUC controls
- Ability to understand G Codes
- Ability to read Engineering Drawings
- Ability to understand customer requirements
- Knowledge of the Vantage/Epicor system
- Practically Minded
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 - Engineering Technician
Functional Skills if required
Year One - Day release at Appris, Bradford:
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
Year Two - Day release at Appris, Bradford:
EAL Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Technical Knowledge)
Year Three and Four - Day release at Appris, Bradford:
EAL Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
Year One through Year Four - Workplace Training and Mentoring:
EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Machinist (Development Competence)
Internal training, development and mentoring with highly skilled engineers in a variety of machining (CNC) areas and other engineering related duties and requirements.
In your 4th Year, you will continue to work towards your occupational competency in engineering and prepare for independent end-point assessments.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Successful apprentices can look forward to building on existing skills through further learning and development. This can lead to promotion within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade C/4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
APPRIS CHARITY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.