Apprentice Chef - North Wingfield KIDS PLANET DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
A great opportunity to start your career within the chef world. Kids Allowed are looking for an Apprentice Chef for their North Wingfield site. View apprenticeship
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
15 Jul 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- To assist the Chef with the Kids Planet Food Management System and running of the nursery kitchen
- To engage in all elements of your apprenticeship programme
- Food hygiene and cleanliness
- Food preparation and cooking
- Control and management of food allergens and dietary requirements
- Due diligence -- evidencing controls by documenting everything you do
-Working by Kids Planet company values and our Code of Ethics
- Attend all internal training and work with the Chef in gaining the competencies outlined in the Food Management System Training Pack
- Work with the Chef and Nursery manager in preparation of weekly menu's, catering for all children, taking account of any special dietary needs
- Assist with the management if food allergens in the kitchen, helping to ensure controls are implemented
- Assist with food preparation, cooking and serving at correct temperatures
- Assist with maintaining adequate stores and food stuffs in appropriate storage conditions
- Assist with food ordering and stocktaking
- Assist with kitchen cleaning according to the kitchen cleaning schedule, including schedules for cleaning equipment and appliances
- Assist with clearing away food and washing pots, including use of the dishwasher
- Be vigilant as to your own health and safety as well as the health and safety of others in the workplace
- Ensure your own personal hygiene is impeccable
- Adhere to the company procedures including attendance at meetings, preparation of reports and any other duties as required from time to time
- Ensure the company's Equal Opportunities Policy is adhered to at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Production Chef Standard
Training will be completed in the workplace and on tutor appointments
via face-to-face visits and Microsoft Teams appointments;
learners complete all work through an e-portfolio.
Full training will be given, including training in Kids Planet kitchen operations and use of appliances
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time position if available upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.