Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT apprentice with Birkdale Sales, a wholesaler, based in Stokenchurch.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2022
Salary - £16,000 - £18,000
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
19 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Act as the front-line face and voice of Birkdale Sales’ IT function to the internal customer community, suppliers and customers representing IT in a positive manner at all times
- To provide IT support to end users, answering support queries via phone or email with a high first fix ratio
- Use enhanced customer service skills to maintain a high level of customer service at all times for all support queries
- Use effective questioning techniques with end users to triage issues and ascertain the likely root cause of issues to aid successful first contact resolution or correct escalation point
- To take ownership of problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Escalation of support tickets to most relevant Support Engineer or Third Party supplier for fastest resolution
- Maintain communication with the end user during the lifecycle of the service support ticket
- Review the support ticket with the customer, post-resolution to ensure all problems have been resolved to the satisfaction of the user
- Actively monitor ageing tickets, keeping average age to an absolute minimum
- Log and maintain quality documentation for all service calls on the ITSM software package
- Maintain a log of consistent issues on behalf of customers and represent these in regular continuous improvement meetings to aid long-term resolution
- Resolve non-technical support queries such as system password resets where agreed
- Train new starter on the use of Birkdale Sales hardware and security essentials
- Perform weekly/monthly security and server health assessments
- Use Dameware for remote access to users
- Use a wide range of tools to test/troubleshoot and analyse
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
- For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communicationstechnician
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.