School Learning and Support Apprentice Early Years with Marksbury C of E Primary School Marksbury C of E Primary School
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, passionate and motivated apprentice, with a keen interest in the education of early year’s children, to join our small, vibrant and happy village school. We will provide an opportunity to widen existing skills and to develop new ones. A sense of humour and willingness to work flexibly is an advantage.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
19 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Work closely with the reception & KS1 class teachers to enhance the learning opportunities of the class, groups and individuals
- Learn to support children with a variety of additional needs, as they complete the transition from nursery into school
- Learn to record the children’s learning journeys
- Actively participate in children’s learning both in and outside of the classroom
- Support some whole school, outdoor play sessions throughout the week
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 if required
- End Point Assessment: practical workplace observation, Q&A session, professional discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is an 18 month contract, during which, additional training opportunities will be available. At the end of the year, opportunities may be available across The Partnership Trust.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.