Apprentice required to become proficient in the use of our rolling machine, sheet cutting using a roller, guillotine and USM press
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
19 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- learning and becoming proficient in the use of our rolling machine
- Learning and becoming proficient in sheet cutting which would include the use of the roller, guillotine and USM press
- Disc cutting and tube cutting for our Vyon range of material
- Learning estimation of media
- General labouring including the moving of master rolls of material
- Packing of orders
- Using the PU System to include booking in materials, costs etc.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This qualification is Engineering Operative level 2
The college will be In-Comm Training Services in Walsall, WS9 8UG. Please ensure you can travel to this address as well as to the company premises
The training will be 1 day per week for 15 months
Whilst at college you will cover units in:
Engineering Environmental Awareness
Engineering Maths and Science Principles
Engineering Material Processes
Complying with Statutory Regulations & Organisation Safety requirements
Working efficiently & effectively in advanced manufacturing & engineering
Using & interpreting engineering data & documentation
Conduct Business Improvement Techniques
Producing Components using Hand Fitting techniques
Preparing & using lathes for Turning operations
Preparing & using Milling machines
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position after successful completion of this apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.