Apprentice Agricultural Service Technician BOWRING TRANSPORT LIMITED
An apprenticeship at B&B Tractors is an opportunity to 'earn while you learn' and receive a salary as you complete your apprenticeship. With a hands-on practical approach to working on complex and technologically advanced machinery, you will achieve a level 3 qualification in Landbased Engineering through the AGCO manufacturer supported scheme. Repairing and reconditioning of components on engines.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Any hours worked over the standard weekly 39 hours will be paid as overtime at higher rates. Once qualified and experienced a service vehicle will be provided to use while working.
Normal working week Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm with half an hour lunch break. Evening and weekends with overtime required especially during harvest and peak times.
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
13 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Performing basic service tasks & developing skills in the removal, repair and reconditioning of components on engines, transmissions, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Progressing to perform more complex diagnosis, service & repair tasks, both at the dealership and out in the field
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed
- Reporting to a mentor or Service Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression
- Maintaining the condition of inventory, tools and equipment
- Preserving a clean work area and performing tasks in a professional manner
- Completing Service Training programmes required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Following all safety rules and regulations
- You will learn to use the very latest AGCO equipment, working at the cutting edge of technology to gain the important skills required in a fast developing, high-tech industry
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The AGCO Level 3 apprenticeship programme will combine paid employment at B&B Tractors, with 11 blocks of training over 3 years at Riseholme College. After successfully completing the programme and passing the End Point Assessment this will lead to a Level 3 Advanced Land-based Engineering apprenticeship standard, and full-time employment with B&B Tractors.
You will work at B&B Tractors in Warsop near Mansfield. As part of the AGCO Academy Apprenticeship, you will attend the Riseholme college in Lincolnshire and also spend time at the ACGO Training Centre near Coventry.
You are supported by the designated college assessor and the B&B Tractors service teams. You will gain valuable workplace skills by undertaking practical tasks and experiencing real-life challenges. You will be provided with an individually tailored learning plan monitored by your assessor who will make regular visits for on-the-job assessment and guidance.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a fully qualified Agricultural Service Technician, you will have access to further development opportunities within the company, extending your skills with additional training in areas such as guidance technology, advanced electrical diagnosis, machinery installation and testing, as well as going on to achieve LTA levels 3 and 4 as a Master Technician qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or higher) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or higher) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4 or higher) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BOWRING TRANSPORT LIMITED
Windmill House Farm Forest Road
BISHOP BURTON COLLEGE
Land-based service engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.