This is an exciting opportunity to work for a dynamic sustainable company to create high quality mattresses.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
12 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The day to day role will include all aspects of upholstery which includes timber frame making for bed bases and headboards using jigs and templates.
- Measuring and cutting out fabrics and fillings, laminating and cutting raw materials as well as developing skills in using relevant machinery such as cutting knives, sewing machines, button presses and other upholstery tools and machinery.
- Working within a team
- Adhering to H&S regulations
- Liaising with other departments within the company
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Furniture Manufacturer (Modern Upholstery)
- Level 1 and 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (exemptions may apply)
- All training carried out within the workplace.
- Regular contact with a college Assessor
- Regular use of an e-portfolio
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunities to progress within the company.
- Continual personal development
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
THE NATURAL MAT COMPANY LTD
BRIDGWATER AND TAUNTON COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.