Apprentice Fabricator QUARRY MANUFACTURING & SUPPLIES LTD
We are Quarry Manufacturing & Supplies Ltd (QMS), a local company in Coalville and we have a fantastic new opportunity for an Engineer Apprentice to join our team! In this role, you will be trained in fabricating and welding metal as part of the quarrying industry.
Closing date: 12 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
10 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Read, understand and follow engineering drawings
- Work to engineering tolerances
- Use various hand and power tools (grinders, cutting torches, hand files, hammer)
- Inspect and test cuts and joins, through the use of a variety of measuring equipment, micrometers etc
- Welding of raw steel components using MMA & MIG
- Cutting of raw steel using various techniques such as oxy-acetylene, plasma and traditional saws
- Cross trained in the use of a Press Brake Machine and Spray Painting
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L3 Apprenticeships Standard in Metal Fabricator
- L3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills)
Currently delivered one day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College. Subject to change.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Welder / Fabricator / Press Brake Operator. QMS has had much success in the recruitment and retention of apprentices across the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade Level 4/Grade C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.