EYFS Teaching Assistant Apprentice St Margaret's Collier Street CE Primary School
To work under the direction and guidance of the headteacher and class teacher to assist and support the work of children in their educational and social development. Part of this work will be given to the support of children with Special Educational Needs to attain the targets set in their individual educational plan.
Closing date: 15 Jun 2022
This is term time only position, so your salary will be pro-rata of the advertised amount, as you only work 39/52 weeks year
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 33.25
Possible start date
05 Jul 2022
05 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work under the direction and guidance of the headteacher, SENCO, and class teacher to assist in the educational and social development of pupils.
- Participate in the implementation of individual education programmes.
- Provide support for the individual children within a group or class situation.
- Work with individual programmes.
- Assist teacher with observation and monitoring.
- Support pupils with EBD.
- Supervise pupils on off-site activities.
- Preparation of the classroom & resources.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
- English and maths functional skills at level 2 if required
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
- Training is all work based or online, with no college day release
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Subject to satisfactory probation period, this is a term time only contract for the 14 to 18-month Level 3 Apprenticeship period. There is the possibility that this could become a permanent job.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A to C or 9 to 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.