Plumbing Heating Gas Apprenticeship Whitfield Plumbing & Heating
Whether you are brand new to the industry or have some experience, we can provide all the training required to transform you into a well respected and highly skilled plumbing & heating engineer. We are open to all ages so if you think you have what it takes to become part of the team at Shropshire's leading business's then apply today
Closing date: 01 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 45
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
02 Sep 2022
09 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- 4 days per week hands on experience working within customers homes learning: Plumbing, Heating, Gas, Oil & Lpg
- General plumbing repairs & maintenance
- Central heating servicing & installation
- Boiler servicing & installation
- Bathrooms & kitchen installation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 1 day per week at college undertaking a Level 3 Domestic Plumbing & Heating qualification
- Within 2 years you will be a fully qualified plumber
- Progession once qualified would be to continue gaining new qualifications including: Gas, LPG & Oil
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- If you work hard and dedicate yourself 100% to completing your apprenticeship we would offer you a full time employed job, company van & the opportunity to possibly train your own apprentice
- Typical salary for an employee with 5 years experience at Whitfield's would earn £40,000-£50,000 per year
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/5) Essential
About the employer
SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE COLLEGE
Plumbing and domestic heating technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.