Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship N W S SERVICES U.K. LIMITED
NWS are seeking two Engineering Fitters. They provide a range of Land Rover, Range Rover and Jaguar engine remanufacturing services, rebuilding reconditioning, repairing, upgrading all major engine parts and components across all Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) models.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Sep 2022
03 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role you will be responsible for -
· Production and manufacture of components
· Reconditioning of engines
· Assembly of components
· Working to quality and standard checks
· Preparation and organization of work area – ensuring all equipment meets standards to operate
Always working to Health & Safety guidelines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
Engineering Technicians in the Aerospace, Aviation, Automotive, Maritime Defence and wider Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Sector are predominantly involved in highly skilled, complex work and must, as a minimum be able to:
- Apply safe systems of working
- Make a technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes or services
- Apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- Have a commitment to continued professional development
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It is hoped that the successful applicant will continue to work on a permanent basis with NWS following completion of the apprenticeship (this will be dependent upon performance throughout the duration of the apprenticeship programme)
If it transpires that continued employment with NWS is not the preferred option, the training, experience and qualifications gained throughout the apprenticeship will stand the apprentice in very good stead to gain future employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SBC TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.