Apprentice Nursery Assistant supported by the Nursery Manager and All About Children's Childcare and Education Team to complete either a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner or Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship while gaining practical experience of working with children in a nursery setting.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
03 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To undertake a developmental programme leading to an Early Years Qualification.
- To participate in your own development plan.
- To undertake induction training with a named mentor.
- To keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues with them.
- To support the nursery staff to observe, plan and maintain children’s records.
- To develop a understanding of Safeguarding Policies.
- To undertake a shared responsibility for the care of children, health,safety and cleanliness.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Over 15 months,you will study units like health & safety,child development, safeguarding,communication,purposeful play,educational programmes, supporting children with additional needs, collaborative working,wellbeing principles,child protection, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management.
If you do not hold GCSE Maths & English,these will be delivered with the apprenticeship programme.20% of your time in work must be dedicated to devoted to learning.
You will achieve a Level 2 TQUK Diploma in Early Years.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To build a career in the early years sector. We are a company who likes to promote within so there are plenty of opportunities to work your way up.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
PLAYTIME NURSERIES STAINES
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.