This vacancy is for an Apprentice Fabricator/Welder based in Blackburn, Lancashire. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
04 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learn how to accurately read technical drawings which are provided by the design team.
- Learn how to undertake any welding works required ensuring the correct production of components
- Work with the team to learn about the maintenance of plant and equipment
- Mig/tig welding
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Wear all PPE at all times when carrying out work and when around the factory Principle role
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Extended Diploma in Fabrication & Welding NVQ L3
- Diploma in Engineering L3
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Engineers are inventors, designers and problem solvers, people who make a difference to the way we live. As trained professionals, engineers are well paid and highly respected. Many get top jobs and even run their own companies. If you enjoy working as part of a team, like solving problems and have a practical flair, you will find engineering has a lot to offer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 3/D or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 3/D or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.