To work as part of a busy Gardening team under the direction of the Head Gardener at the prestigious Rugby School. A wide variety of horticultural skills will be learned.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
21 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
A wide variety of horticultural skills will be learned including:
• Maintenance of hanging baskets and containers.
• Maintenance of annual bedding displays – watering, feeding, weeding, deadheading etc.
• Maintenance of turf and lawned areas.
• Using the machinery associated with the relevant gardening requirement (subject to appropriate training and supervision as required).
• Maintenance of shrub and herbaceous borders, to include weeding, watering, planting, deadheading and plant support.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Emergency first aid: Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work.
Pesticides: Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of
Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides
English and maths: Apprentices without level 2 English and maths must achieve level 1 and take the test for level 2 before taking the end-point assessment.
Upon completion of your Apprenticeship you will be awarded a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Horticulture
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full-time gardener position at the end of the apprenticeship for the right person.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.