Apprentice Food and Beverage Team Member (£1,000 bonus on completion of apprenticeship) Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa
Appreciate the importance of hospitality behaviours such as personal conduct, being adaptable, using initiative and communicating with a diverse range of people. Love working as part of a team.
Closing date: 17 Apr 2023
• Substantial discount on rooms across the Macdonald Hotels & Resorts group • Complimentary leisure club membership worth £745 • 25% discount on food and drink within our hotels and resorts/all spa treatments.
8-hour shifts, including some Saturdays and Sundays. (Exact working pattern TBC)
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 May 2023
22 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Serving customers and ensuring they have a memorable experience.
- Training to develop product knowledge (such as the range of beverages and menu info)
- How to be adaptable to different circumstances and customer needs
- How to cope well under pressure
- Training to follow important operational procedures such as health and safety, awareness of food intolerances, effectively communicating requirements of the customer with other members of the team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The candidate will follow a Level 2 Apprenticeship programme and study towards a full Level 2 Standard in Hospitality Team Member. This training will be structured and delivered by Cheshire College – South & West. If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 1 Functional Skill in the relevant subject.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to management levels.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa
Cobblers Cross Lane
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.