Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Technician Apprentice with Portland Fuel, a specialist fuel and energy trading company based in York.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
19 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Coding and Development of new applications as business demands
- Nearly all coding is done in the C# programming language
- Maintaining existing codebase in areas such as
- Data retrieval, recording and manipulation (C#, SQL)
- SFTP communication application (C#, JSON)
- Database connection (with and without Entity Framework) (C#, SQL)
- Updating existing codebase to latest version of .Net (C#)
- Internal IIS website intranet (C#, HTML, CSS)
- Setting up and maintaining new Local and Virtual Linux Server Environments
- Maintaining existing local Windows Server environment
- Internal and external websites utilising standard LAMP stack or IIS, Apache, PHP, HTML, CSS, Wordpress, Node
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4,5) Essential
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.