The position available is practical work for an apprentice who wants to train as an Engineering Operative within a busy and fast-moving engineering environment. Ideal candidate would be enthusiastic about learning new engineering skills and have a genuine interest in engineering working environment.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2022
19 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role is a practical work role that will involve the individual training in the area of Opto-Mechanical Engineering to eventually become a fully skilled technician. The individual would be expected to undergo rigorous training. Some of the duties:
- Produce specialist components, using a range of materials to customer specifications and requirements.
- Using conventional machines.
- Using CNC machines.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Intermediate apprenticeship, Engineering Operative Level 2
- Block release to Stephenson Campus, Coalville (Part of SMB College Group)
- Functional skills if necessary.
- On-the-job training.
- Off-the-job training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To progress within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
COOKE OPTICS LIMITED
THE SMB GROUP
Apprenticeship Team (SMB College Group)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.