The successful candidate will gain valuable experience as they go through their apprenticeship and become a fitter at a company of good standing who encourage personal progression.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
11 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be involved with, but not limited to, the following:
- bench fitting work
- building mechanical sub-assemblies
- setting up and aligning tooling in order to achieve specified tolerances / capability
- functional testing and fault finding
- using conventional machine tools (lathes, milling machines, grinders etc.) and hand tools as appropriate
- identifying and communicating opportunities to enhance quality and reduce cost
- working with and supporting other departments to ensure business objectives are achieved
- ensuring statutory and company procedures and practices are maintained
- promoting a safe working environment
- other duties as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship standard which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (skills)
- Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Learning will take place in the workplace with the need to attend training with NSEGTA when required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to be discussed on completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
MATTHEWS ENGINEERING (STOKE) LTD
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.