This is an exciting opportunity with a successful Steel Fabrication company offering genuine career progression opportunities for the right candidate. Based at their facility in Swadlincote, Derbyshire fabricating thick plate mild steel within the food, chemical & material handling sectors.
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
05 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work to standard operating procedures in line with company policy
- Marking Out of Platework
- Cutting of Platework
- Laying up of PLatework
- Welding – will only be a small amount when required
- Maintain the high level of quality for all tasks performed in line with company policy
- Maintain high levels of Health & Safety awareness and report any areas of concerns immediately
- Maintain high standards of house-keeping for all areas of the site
- Assist other team members with their day to day duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Metal Fabricator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
- As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a genuine opportunity to become a permanent part of this growing company, for the right applicant and upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Other L2 Engineering Including Fab/Weld (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
0345 850 1055
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.