Apprentice HGV Technician COLLINS EARTHWORKS (TRANSPORT) LIMITED
Collins Earthworks (Transport) Limited are looking for someone who has a keen interest in starting their career as a HGV Technician Apprentice. Working with a mentor you will be training to become a fully qualified HGV Technician.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2022
£200 weekly wage.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
22 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Performing major & minor repairs to HGVs, trailers & other vehicles in the company fleet
- Performing regular inspection & general preventative maintenance services
- Identifying repairs required through wear & tear
- Liaise with transport personnel to order parts
- Maintaining inventory in the workshop
- Working with repair teams to help diagnose & plan repairs for the vehicles
- Maintaining records of vehicles that have been repaired or handled
- Providing repair services to clients on the road
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Heavy Vehicle service and maintenance technician.
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if applicable)
- Block release at SMB Group, Stephenson College campus, Coalville, Leicestershire LE67 3TN
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of health and safety in the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On the successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be a fully qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician where the career prospects are excellent.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
COLLINS EARTHWORKS (TRANSPORT) LIMITED
THE SMB GROUP
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.