Commis Chef Apprentice - The Red Barn YOUNG & CO'S BREWERY PLC
If you are wanting to become a chef and are looking for the opportunity to work in a professional kitchen environment with endless training and learning opportunities from experienced staff., this apprenticeship position is the role for you. You'll earn a substantial wage whilst gaining a qualification as an apprentice, so apply to Youngs today!
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
06 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The main focus of the role will be contributing to preparing and cooking a high standard of food within the pub kitchen, you will be part of a team that prides themselves on sending out a fantastic standard of food time and time again
Daily duties will include
- Assist in the daily preparation of menus.
- Work as general kitchen assistants in food preparation.
- Assist in food production during service times.
- Work safely and within guidelines given in training in the kitchen.
- Be responsible for keeping a workstation clean and up to hygiene standards.
- Learn and follow COSHH procedures in the kitchen.
- Follow Heath and Safety guidelines and procedures in the workplace.
- Assist with packing and storage of stock in dry stores and cold stores
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
All of your training will be completed within the workplace, You will be working towards the Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship.
You will have the opportunity to work towards your Functional Skills in Maths and English if you do not have the GCSEs or equivalent
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A natural progression route would be a Level 3 Apprenticeship, options are Senior Production Chef, Chef De partie or Hospitality Supervisor, depending on the chosen job path and if the current job role supports the learning
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
PERFORMANCE LEARNING GROUP LTD
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.