Horticulture Apprentice CHISWICK HOUSE TRADING COMPANY LTD.
We are looking for an Apprentice to work alongside our Kitchen Gardener to carry out gardening activities, help with preparing for and guiding volunteers, and help with supporting the community gardening activities. The role will also include interaction with visitors and volunteers, so will require communication skills.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2021
£8,408.40 to £16,216.20
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
06 Dec 2021
27 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties may include:
- Tree cutting, pruning
- Maintenance of green spaces
- Cleaning, weeding, watering
- Use & application of organic pest management & fertilisation practices
- Soil management activities
- Sowing, cultivating, harvesting fruit, veg plants
- Support Kitchen Gardener in supervising our volunteer Kitchen Gardeners
- Developing skills to support community groups & give garden introductions
- Support Kitchen Gardener in weekly harvest & preparation of fruit, veg, flowers for Kitchen Garden cart
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Horticulture Operative
- One day a week at college
- Functional Skills English and maths level 1
- Emergency first aid at work
- Level 2 award in the safe use of pesticides PA1
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Each apprentice will be given the opportunity to grow within the business, our vision is to grow our own qualified staff, and the apprenticeship scheme is one method of achieving this goal.
During the Apprenticeship scheme, the apprentice will work with a qualified member of staff and be provided the support and guidance required to progress within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CAPEL MANOR COLLEGE
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.