We are now looking for an apprentice Accountant to join our team. The apprentice will initially work towards their AAT qualifications, before training to become a Chartered or Certified Accountant with study provided via Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the AAT, ACCA and ACA qualifications.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Other benefits include life assurance, pension and critical illness schemes. Holidays are 23 days per annum plus statutory days.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
05 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Whilst working in the office, you will get support from experienced staff of all levels and Partners whilst working on client assignments. Whilst working, you will initially work towards the AAT qualification on a day release basis, before moving onto the ACA or ACCA qualifications. Some of the duties will include:
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Auditing financial statements
- Tax compliance work relating to both corporation tax and personal tax
- Preparation of VAT Returns and involved in MTD filings
- You will have the opportunity to visit clients’ premises during both accounting and auditing tasks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The successful candidate will study towards the AAT qualification initially on a day release basis, before training to become a Chartered or Certified Accountant with study provided via Kaplan
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After successful completion of the AAT qualification, further study support towards either becoming a Chartered or Certified Accountant will be available
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a firm of Chartered Accountants in Stafford. This firm has an outstanding track record of recruiting and training both Chartered and Certified Accountants
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
NEWCASTLE AND STAFFORD COLLEGES GROUP
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.