Business Administration Apprentice CAMO LTD
Simply waste solutions have an exciting opportunity for a Business Administration Apprentice.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
23 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist with the planning and coordinating of the organisations transport operations, ensuring the efficient and legally compliant running of the transport office.
- To work closely with the Transport Controllers and Transport Manager to drive improvement in key efficiencies, as well as continuously striving to improve safety and customer service.
Principle Activities Include Learning How To:
- Ensure all company processes and procedures are carried out on site.
- Support Transport Controllers to ensure all schedules are kept up-to-date, and that rounds leave on time.
- Where necessary assist Transport Controllers in conducting daily briefings and debriefings for the drivers, liaising with Transport Controllers/Manager as appropriate.
- Assist the Transport Controllers to schedule all customer requirements, ensuring that all vehicles are allocated to the correct routes.
- Assist Transport Controllers to ensure all I.T system are continuously monitored and all data is entered promptly and accurately.
- Assist with routine monitoring of telematics systems in terms of vehicle/customer service tracking.
- Help Transport Controllers ensure all drivers complete daily pre/post vehicle checks and that all relevant information is accurately recorded and driver signatures are obtained where necessary.
- Assist Transport Controllers to make sure drivers report all defects, damages and accidents, ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed as necessary.
- Report all findings to the Transport Manager.
- Assist Transport Controllers to ensure full compliance is met regarding driver's hours, tachograph and road traffic regulations.
- Assist Academy Training Manager/Transport Controllers to control and inform drivers of any tachograph infringements and ensure that required debriefs are completed and acknowledgements correctly signed.
- Ensure any customer issues are reported to the Transport Controllers and/or Transport Manager.
- Assist with the monitoring of the real-time performance of the drivers and escalating any areas of non- compliance to the appropriate person.
- Assist Transport Controllers to ensure any areas of non-compliance or failure/vehicle breakdown are escalated promptly.
- Ensure all office administration is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist the Transport Controllers in facilitating the maintenance of the fleet, ensuring all drivers keep their vehicles clean and tidy.
- Ensure all vehicles and trailers are ready for their service and MOTs.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with a good telephone skills
- Flexible and able to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- IT skills – in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Willingness to learn and adopt new skills
- A good communication, organisational and analytical skills
- Good telephone manner
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Must be a team player
- The ability to work flexibly
- Holder of a clean driving licence (car or motorcycle)
5 GCSEs (or equivalent), including English and Maths at Grade C or above.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reading College
Ciera Kent 01865 551881 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017