This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to gain valuable Business Administration experience working within a busy office environment. The role includes the scanning and marking of qualification answer sheets, producing results for despatch to centres.
Operations Administrator Apprentice
Industry Qualifications Limited
Closing date: 01 Jul 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total working week hours: 37.5 (Monday – Friday) Start time: 9.00 until 17.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Jul 2017
24 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to gain valuable Business Administration experience working within a busy office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Booking candidate assessments
- Marking assessments including multiple choice papers and the co-ordination of marking other forms of assessment
- The publication of results to centres
- Dispatching certificates in accordance with IQ targets
- Analysing completed papers requiring standardisation, including liaison with the Qualification development over standardised papers.
- Uploading all security candidates to the SIA website within the target timescales.
- Liaising with Qualification development regarding any Centre or candidate feedback regarding the qualification or question bank
- Uploading all new centre details to the SIA website for approved Training Providers
- Ensuring compliance with customer service guarantees
- Ensuring that appropriate records are maintained for the centre
- Ensuring the accuracy of data on the systems. Collecting, importing, inputting, transferring, extracting and managing data in various systems
- Actioning and resolving the day to day queries from both internal and external customers
- Co-ordinating with quality and compliance on all new approved centres, ensuring the accurate set up of centre, assessor and qualification details on QLMS and continue with a welcome call to the new centre, following operational procedures
Operational procedures and conformance with regulatory requirements:
- To work and ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- Liaising with the requirements of qualifications regulatory bodies and sector authorities such as the SIA
- Keeping abreast of competitor qualifications, products and services in those markets
Customer relationships and business development:
- Ensuring that excellent relationships with customers/centres are maintained and customer requirements are met
- Reporting opportunities for new product to the IQQ Business development department
- Actioning and resolve the day to day queries from both internal and external customers
- Developing and maintaining strong and co-operative relationships with centres and members
- Playing an active part in delivering excellent customer service to the IQQ centres
- Undertaking your role in a manner that will not compromise the IQ values for integrity and ethical behaviour
- Maintaining client and operation confidentiality at all times unless malpractice, maladministration or issues that compromise IQ values arise, all of which should be reported to the Head of Quality and Compliance or Head of Operations or in accordance with the IQ whistle blowing procedures
- Keeping abreast of issues relating to qualifications development and delivery
- Supporting IQ staff in other departments where required
- Representing IQ in a positive manner at all times
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will need:
- To be able to adapt to meet the needs of the customers
- To have a good working knowledge of Microsoft office skills, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- To have a professional telephone manner
- To have a high level of accuracy
- To have good communication skills
- To know when to ask for assistance
The successful candidate will need:
- To be able to work well within a team but also to work well on their own and use their own initiative
- To be reliable and punctual
To apply for this position, you will need:
- To have GCSE English, Maths and ICT at grades A*-D or equivalent level 1 qualifications.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship IQ will endeavour to place the candidate in a full time role within the company , either in the role they completed as part of their apprenticeship or an alternative position within the Telford office, if more suitable.
Things to consider
Telford College are managing this vacancy on behalf of this company. As part of the screening process of applications you may be contacted by Telford College and invited in for a face to face interview as part of our screening process. Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution. IQ is currently situated in Halesfield 7 and is not on a direct bus route, although there are buses at peak times plus a short walk. Parking spaces are available free of charge. Travelling to work: Bus routes: http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/timetables-search/?pg=1&pgsize=10®ion=22534&q=telford&lat=52.678419&lng=-2.445257999999967 Car Share Shropshire and Telford: http://carshareshropshireandtelford.co.uk/x.jsp?ano=0 Wheels to Work: http://www.shropshire-rcc.org.uk/services/individuals/wheels-to-work
About the employer
IQ is an awarding organisation, focused on UK and international growth by i. Developing long term partnership with customers and suppliers ii. Providing the highest quality levels of product, service and assessment; iii. Being responsive to opportunity; iv. Seeking opportunities to innovate; v. Building an international brand associated with integrity and ethical operation The company employ less than 20 people and are based on Halesfield Industrial Estate.
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Business & Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT at level 1 or level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
The Apprentice Team 01952 642452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2017