Preschool and Nursery Apprentice Castle Hill Primary
The school is opening a brand new provision for under 5’s in September and are looking for a team of Childcare Apprentices to work in various sections of this new department. You could be working with any age group from 6 months to 5 year olds supporting the main teacher within Early Years Education.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Nov 2017
23 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To help children and families to settle into the nursery’s routine and environment.
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality Early Years and a high standard of care and play activities.
- To support topics planned for the day.
- To assist with planning and participating in children’s play indoors and out.
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery as required by all staff.
- Providing personal care, changing nappies, toilet training, hand washing, dressing.
- Respect the confidentiality of all information; keep a proper record of achievement file on key children for parents.
- Always being aware of safeguarding the children at all times.
- To be alert to indications of possible abuse and to report any such concerns to the Manager or Room Manager immediately.
- Recording accidents in the accident book and ensuring the manager is advised.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiastic, warm and caring approach.
- Able to relate to under 5’s. Some experience of taking care of children would be preferable but not essential.
- Having a sense of responsibility towards the children.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- To have a regard for people’s differences and additional needs.
- An awareness of safety and hygiene.
- To show commitment to achieving the apprenticeship in the agreed timeframe. To be punctual and reliable.
Have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Royal Borough of Kingston Council
Janet Mills 020 8547 6837 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017