IT Support Officer Apprentice - 0812 Pinnacle Enterprise Limited
We would expect the ideal candidate to grow with the business and move up into a full time role.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
21 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Responsibilities of the IT Support Officer Apprentice:
- Assisting the technical team day to day
- Testing, resetting and configuring a wide variety of Data Centre equipment
- HDD wiping, and testing
- Assisting in all operational aspects where required
- Installing and configuring computer systems
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Finding solutions to problems, through creating a desktop shortcut or fixing a major fault.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting new applications
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with other professionals (e.g., Third part support) in order to make necessary repairs
- Testing new technologies relevant to users, site or projects
- To monitor and maintain the local IT infrastructure, including backups and key systems
- Working closely with team members from time to time to assist with projects or issues outside of your local site.
Requirements and prospects
Requirements of the IT Support Officer Apprentice:
- Appetite to learn
- Can work unsupervised
- Good attention to detail
- Passion for IT and technical solutions
- Willing to go the extra mile
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.
Someone with ideally 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Things to consider
About the employer
Pinnacle Enterprise Limited
Part 1 – Level 3 apprenticeship: 13-15 months
Part 2 – Level 4 apprenticeship: 18-24 months
Our Advanced to Higher apprenticeship programme lasts approximately 3 years, during which you’ll gain Level 3 and 4 qualifications – but if it’s not right for you, you can step off the programme after 13-15 months and still get a Level 3 qualification.
Once you’ve completed your Level 3 and 4 you’ll have studied qualifications equivalent to first year of degree study. Then you’ll have the option to start our degree programme, which will give you a Foundation degree and a BSc from the University of Roehampton after 2 years. Again, if it’s not right for you, you’ll have the option to step off the programme after a year and still gain a Foundation Degree.
So, you can decide how far you go and how long you’ll be training for.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017