Apprentice Pricing Analyst KEW VEHICLE LEASING LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity to join a vehicle leasing company to learn all aspects of the back office functions, primarily focusing on the pricing policy and marketing, whilst also supporting the account managers and partners.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
20 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Obtain comparison quotes from our panel of funding partners on vehicle models using the individual quotation systems, entering the pricing information into the MS Excel pricing tool for analysis
- Review and present pricing analysis to management, then transferring final pricing to the data feed website to appear on internal and front-end websites
- Team with Territory Sales Managers, Account Sales Managers, and Price Committee to provide clear, concise and accurate responses to pricing process and price policy questions
- Coordinate Price Committee meetings and maintain a comprehensive agenda for outstanding requests that follow and demonstrate the overall pricing integrity of individual exception requests
- Effectively coordinate pricing exception requests for the Price Committee discussion and approval
- Continuously monitor, audit and analyse automated price quote activity to assure systematic risks are identified and corrected, sales training issues are identified and addressed, and pricing formulas and tables are properly maintained for approved pricing changes
- Recognise and anticipate missing data from price quote exception requests and obtain required information to assure proper review of relevant facts pertaining to the proposed opportunity
- Design Pricing Activity reports and perform routine maintenance of pricing activity reports to assure on-going management visibility of pricing activities and the ability to evaluate integrity of the pricing and discounting processes
- Read, interpret and discuss pricing request with Territory Sales Managers to assure proper understanding of the opportunity and related pricing implications
- Assure proper documentation of approved price quotes that enable accurate contracting at the point of final sale
- Other duties may be assigned
Work with and understand the supporting groups within the business, to include Sales, Finance, and Account/Partner Sales Management.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Analytical - Synthesises complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Collaboration - Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects and people at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Communication - Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; Demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organising - Prioritises and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for unforeseen difficulties; Sets goals and objectives;
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Character - Demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others; Consistently models desired behaviours and values established by the company; Respects diversity of perspective in discussions and demonstrates an inclusive style;.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environments; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to the best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change; delays, or unexpected events
Requirements and prospects
A high aptitude in MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
A confident and outgoing personality, mature headed, polite and well mannered. A hobby which shows your ability to have longevity in something would be desirable, for example an interest in sport.
GCSEs in Maths, English and ICT grade A*-C
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be working towards your Level 3 AAT qualification
RICHMOND UPON THAMES COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Richmond upon Thames College
Siobhan O'Farrell 020 8607 8306
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017