Apprentice Healthcare Worker Seven Gables
Seven Gables is a family run care home providing 25 beds for the care of the elderly. The home is in a quiet residential area close to the shops, church and beach.
Closing date: 04 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
20 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Seven Gables are looking for a motivated, keen team player to join their friendly team in Totland.
The successful candidates duties will include assisting residents and accommodating their needs and requirements and will be required to have the following qualities:
- To be able to deliver high standards of care to clients working alongside the existing team.
- Have good people skills and be a good communicator.
- Assisting with personal care and dressing.
- Assisting at meal times and help with eating.
- Supporting residents with their daily activities.
- Provide emotional and social support.
- Deliver high standards of care meeting the needs of each client.
- Be able to work within a team and be aware of the policies in the care home whilst promoting independence, privacy and dignity.
This post is suitable for those who live in the vicinity of the home as it requires early morning shifts. Own transport is also desired for this post as it is not easy to get to via public transport.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to communicate well and work as an effective team player.
- Good ability to be able to write and record in clients notes and various other documentation.
- Must have a desire and interest to work with the elderly.
- Own transport is desired as it is not easy to get to via public transport.
- Willing to work.
- Flexible approach to shift work as this post offers early morning shifts.
None as full training will be provided but must be willing to progress within the field of Health & Social Care training opportunities.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2.
- Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Functional Skills Math Level 1, if required.
- Functional Skills English Level 1, if required.
When you start your apprenticeship you will be allocated a training adviser who will meet with you to discuss your training. Mandatory training will also take place in the care home.
Health and Social Care
Care Learning Centre
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care Learning Centre
Jo Stallard 01983 533993 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Sep 2017