Cycle Maintenance and Shop Apprentice Bike Goo
We have an excellent opportunity for a confident and passionate individual to work with us as an apprentice cycle mechanic. The role will include day to day cycle repair and servicing and will also involve dealing with customer enquiries. Full training will be provided.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
20 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for a motivated enthusiastic individual to work in our bike shop in Crowborough.
Primarily you will work in our workshop conducting general servicing and repair tasks on all types of customer bicycles.
You will also be dealing with customer enquires both face-to-face and over the phone and assisting with the routine operations of our shop.
You may also become involved in the day-to-day runnning of our online ecommerce page including stock management and processing customer orders.
You will be trained on the job by our experienced cycle mechanic and will also be trained to Cytech 2 level at ATG Training.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience fixing or maintaining your own bike or family/friends bikes would be preferred.
- Some knowledge of using tools for basic mechanic tasks would be an advantage.
- You will be a confident person with an attention to detail.
- You will have a passion for cycling, specifically mountain biking and have a desire to follow a career in the cycle trade.
- You will have excellent communication skills and be happy working as part of a small team.
- You need to be happy talking to people aswell as listening to and solving customer queries.
3 passes GCSE grades A*-E (or equivalent) including Maths and English (or predicted).
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance and Installation - Cycles Pathway
- Cytech 2
- Level 2 Certificate in Cycle Maintenance
- Functional Skills in Maths, English, and ICT (if applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ATG Training
Bal Chauhan 01296737838 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017