Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship Kara Pearson
Would you like the chance to work for a well-established unique Hairdressing Salon in the wonderful sea side town of Torquay? The employer is looking for an apprentice to join there EVER expanding business. Apply today!!
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
20 Sep 2017
17 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Meeting and greeting clients in a polite and efficient manner.
- Scheduling salon appointments onto the online and paper base diary.
- Dealing with incoming phone calls.
- Carrying out shampooing and conditioning services for clients.
- Helping colleagues with clients.
- Making sure that the salon is tidy and clean at all times.
- Filing and photocopying.
- Removing colours.
- Neutralising perms.
By assisting the salon team, you will gain the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career opportunity.
You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff throughout your training, and you must follow health and safety procedure in the salon.
You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients of all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase.
Requirements and prospects
The successful apprentices will need to be familiar with current trends within the hairdressing and fashion industry. You will need to be highly motivated and enthusiastic about hairdressing with a friendly personality to interact efficiently with customers and colleagues.
You need to have a real passion for the business, be friendly and willing to work hard.
You need to be self driven and have an enthusiastic approach to work with a desire to succeed in Hairdressing.
- You should have a helpful and friendly approach.
- A professional appearance is essential.
- You should be interested in the Hairdressing industry.
- Kind and polite.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Keen to learn.
No formal qualifications required however the willingness to learn is essential.
You will be completing Functional Skills Maths and English as part of your qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Hairdressing Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills English Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
- Functional Skills Mathematics Level 1 or 2 (if required)
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017