Agriculture Apprentice R. J. MASON LTD
R J Mason Ltd in Slaidburn near Clitheroe are looking to recruit an Apprentice to assist in their busy Dairy Farm. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a keen interest in agriculture/farming & working outdoors. The job will provide an opportunity for the right person to progress to a more senior role.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
15 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- R J Mason Ltd in Slaidburn near Clitheroe are looking to recruit an Apprentice to assist in their busy Dairy Farm. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a keen interest in agriculture/farming & working outdoors.
- The ideal candidate would be local to the area, keen to learn, hardworking, reliable & have some interest or experience in farming.
- The role is varied but main duties would include: assisting the herdsman in their daily role, including bedding, feeding, mucking out, milking cows & some tractor work.
- Other general farm work would also be included to meet business needs, such as repairing fences/hedges, maintaining machinery & repairing buildings.
- You will work approximately 40 hours per week between 7am (earliest start) and 6pm (latest finish), Monday to Friday with some occasional weekend work required. Times may vary depending on the season but this will be discussed at interview.
- You will be paid a minimum of £3.50 per hour. This will be reviewed throughout the programme and may increase depending on performance and progression.
- Training will be provided in the workplace with Myerscough College & you will work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Agriculture.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be keen to learn
- Physically fit
- Enjoys a challenge
- Be honest
- Reliable and personable
- Have a keen interest in farming, with a can do attitude
- Qualifications demonstrating sound literacy and numeracy skills (e.g. GCSE English and maths A*-C or equivalent qualifications) are desirable.
- Please ensure you have listed all qualifications & grades/predicted grades in the appropriate section of this application, paying particular attention to maths & English.
- Candidates will be screened as part of the recruitment process and must be able to work at Level 1 in Functional Skills (Maths and English) in order to undertake this Apprenticeship.
Please note that candidates with any qualification at Level 4 or above, including unit credits, are ineligible for funding for an Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
About the employer
R. J. MASON LTD
Training will be provided in the workplace through Myerscough College where you will work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Agriculture – Livestock Production.
The Apprenticeship is made up of a number of different nationally recognised qualifications:
Combined Competence and Knowledge Qualification:
- Level 2 Diploma in Agriculture
- Functional Skills:
- Level 1 English
- Level 1 Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Delivered and assessed through a workbook
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Assessment and recognition through a Record of Achievement
- Additional Qualification Requirements:
- First Aid Certificate
- 1 Legislative Course e.g. PA1, Manual Handling, Tractor Driving and Related Operations
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Myerscough College
Employer Services email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2017