Hairdressing level 2 Apprenticeship BEAUTY WITHINN ST JAMES LTD
An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this shabby chic boutique salon based in Northampton city centre. Beauty WithInn is looking for an Apprentice Hairdresser to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
15 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Beauty WithInn is looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and passionate about starting a career in Hairdressing, to join their friendly and experienced team! This will be a full time position working 30 hours per week and hours of work will be discussed at interview stage. Hours are likely to involve working at least one late evening and Saturdays are essential and potentially working 1 Sunday a month.
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing clients hair
- Advising clients on shampoos
- Conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc
As part of your working week you will receive training from the salon's stylists and you will be visited on a regular basis for assessments by a Heart of England Training assessor to work towards NVQ level 2 in Hairdressing
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills and good at working in a team is an advantage but not essential
- Able to speak fluent English
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work and time keeping
You should be:
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
- Good with time keeping
- Well presented
Candidate needs to be:
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
Things to consider
About the employer
BEAUTY WITHINN ST JAMES LTD
- NVQ level 2 Hairdressing will include units such as; health and safety, effectiveness at work, providing consultations, shampooing and conditioning, style and finish hair, set and dress hair, colour hair, cut hair along with a number of optional units which will be discussed on your first visit with the assessor
- Functional skills in Maths and English if applicable
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Hannah Hayes 07825805892 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017