An Apprentice is required for the installation of vehicle box telematics systems and the sales, installation and repairs of vehicle electronic devices to businesses, insurance brokers and the general public in the UK.
Auto and Mobile Electrical Engineer Apprenticeship
RS Fleet Installations Limited
Closing date: 28 Apr 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday 08.00 - 16:00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
17 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Advanced apprenticeship in Auto Electrical & Mobile Electrical Installations: Duration 18 – 24 months.
RS Fleet Installations, also trading as RS Connect, is based in Coleshill, North Warwickshire and is the administrative focal point for a nationwide operation of fitting telematic devices and ancillary auto electrical solutions to passenger and commercial vehicles, e.g. cameras, parking sensors, GPS and audio systems.
Apprentices are allocated to a qualified and experienced installation engineer (‘your trainer/mentor’) and will carry out their duties on customer vehicles at their private addresses or, in commercial situations, on-site at client premises. The work is varied, challenging and provides an exceptional opportunity for career progression into the ever expanding and diversifying world of auto electrics. Due to the requirement to travel, apprentices may be required to travel short distances to meet with their mentor on a daily basis, but would, in most cases, be collected each morning from their home address and returned at the end of work.
- The apprenticeship framework expects a mix of practical experience to demonstrate competency and theoretical application to demonstrate underpinning knowledge and understanding.
- Practical experience will be gained in the field with your mentor where evidence towards the competencies required will be gathered on a daily basis through instruction, tutoring and assignments. RS Connect uses ICT extensively and evidence gathered is done by using company iPads and bespoke software and Apps that have been developed in-house.
- Theoretical aspects of apprenticeship programmes and testing are all conducted at the RS Academy in Coleshill and attendance at the Academy will be an essential part of the learning journey. Any additional requirement for Functional Skills will be delivered by trained personnel, again at RS Academy.
- Health & Safety is a prime aspect of all work carried out by RS Connect and conformity with requirements is mandatory. RS Connect livery and PPE is provided to all employees.
Vacancies are available in the following areas:
- Essex and surrounding areas
Requirements and prospects
- Candidates should have a good technical mind set with a practical approach to tasks presented.
- A clear-thinking, analytical attitude to the task in-hand with the ability to see work completed thoroughly within agreed timescales and to exacting quality standards.
- It is important that candidate can interpret instructions and follow them without deviation, to achieve the precise requirements of work allocated.
- Candidates must be polite and presentable at all times, have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate with customers and colleagues effectively.
- An enquiring mind and a willingness to learn is an essential requirement for the work to be carried out.
- Candidates must be reliable and punctual.
Although not essential, candidates should have GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalant in Mathematics, English and ICT, or an indication of predicted grades that meet that level. Experience of working in an automotive/engineering/electrical environment would be advantageous.
Excellent prospects for progression within RS Connect. Qualified installation engineers can expect to be working on their own with the use of a company vehicle and attractive salary bands.
Things to consider
Work is carried out at the premises of private customers and/or on site at corporate client premises. It is therefore essential that candidates are prepared to travel within a defined geographical area and be flexible in their working rotas. Much of the work will be undertaken outdoors and it is therefore essential that candidates have no aversion to working in variable weather situations (protective clothing and working conditions are provided). Attendance at RS Academy (Coleshill, North Warwickshire) will be essential to complete theoretical aspects of the Apprenticeship, where travel costs will be reimbursed.
About the employer
RS Fleet Installations Limited, also trading as RS Connect, based in Coleshill, North Warwickshire and Southern Ireland provides the installation of vehicle box telematics systems and the sales, installation and repairs of vehicle electronic devices to businesses, insurance brokers and the general public in the UK. The goal of RS Connect is to become the leading Auto Electrical Installer in the UK and Europe. Initially operating nationally within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, RS Connect is rapidly expanding to sell its services to European counterparts. Forecasts for vehicle telematics show a slow growth over the next 10 years. It is predicted that the period between 2020 and 2025 will show fast growth in the insurance sector. The sector has grown exponentially through the demand from the policy holders of insurance companies for fairer and more realistic insurance premiums that are better related to driver experience, practice and individual circumstances. Whilst younger drivers have been targeted by insurers, vehicle box telematic technology is of direct benefit to drivers of all groups and ages. RS Academy is the training arm of RS Connect and was formed in 2014 to meet market demands from major UK motor insurance companies for the increased use of telematics devices for monitoring of driver behaviour and vehicle location.
Apprentices will be fully supported throughout their learning journey and RS Connect take full responsibility for all aspects of the apprentice’s training programme. The apprenticeship framework offered is a combination of Competency and Technical Knowledge;
- IMIAL Level 3 Diploma in Auto Electrical and Mobile Electrical Installation QCF – Competency
IMIAL Level 3 Diploma in Auto Electrical and Mobile Electrical Installation QCF – Principles (Technical Knowledge)
RS Connect, through its own Academy is an accredited training provider and is approved by the Institute for the Motor Industry (IMI Awards) to deliver its apprenticeship programmes at Level 3 (Advanced). The Academy has its own team of assessors and verifiers and has direct claims status with IMI Awards.
Training provided will be a mix of competency based exercises conducted with the apprentices mentor; these will comprise of, assignments, projects, tasks and structured application of knowledge gained. Knowledge and understanding (Theory) will be gained through tutored sessions, guided learning, instruction, own independent study, online and written testing and written assignments.
R S FLEET INSTALLATIONS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by RS Fleet Installations Limited
Mina Lloyd 01675624014 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2017