Equestrian Centre Apprentice Catherine Chester
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is serious about starting a career in the equine industry particularly in horsemanship and equestrian education. Great opportunity, fantastic future development and working in a professional organisation.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
10 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Under the instruction of an FEI International instructor and international show jumper, your education will be intense, but informative and enjoyable.
They are a cosy and friendly yard with plenty of knowledge base from the ground up.
They are looking for an experienced rider and groom who wants to take their skills to another level of expertise and there may be some competing available for the right person.
You will carry out daily tasks required to maintain the health and welfare of the horses within the Equine centre, duties will include:
- Exercising horses in the yard
- Grooming and rugging
- Health checks
- Stock control and maintenance of equipment
- Mucking out/ Cleaning the yard
- Support the students and Assistant Yard Managers
- Assist with competitions and events
- To report cases where horses show health related issues to an appropriate person
- To assist with maintaining the hygiene of the horses, buildings, yard and associated resources
- To follow and help maintain stock control procedures for materials and equipment
- To represent the employer positively and effectively at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Enjoy practical work
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Able to undertake manual work
- Able to handle animals with confidence and patience
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Able to work for long hours and in all kinds of weather conditions
- Able to work both in a team and with limited social contact
- Must use your own initiative
- Be a problem solver
- Work well in a team
- Have a sense of humour
Two Grade D's or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be trained in the workplace alongside your usual duties and you will be expected to attend Bicton college one day a week or on a block release basis.
You will work towards achieving:
- Level 2 apprenticeship in Equine including work based and knowledge components,
- Employee rights and responsibilities qualification
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- If required Functional Skills
- In addition the apprentice will need to achieve the Pesticide Spraying qualification and this will be included with the course.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bicton College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017