This is a fantastic IT Apprenticeship position for an IT passionate candidate to join an education environment to enhance their IT skills and progress in their chosen career path.
IT Support Apprenticeship - 0696
Closing date: 06 Jun 2017
Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Jun 2017
10 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Responsibilities of the IT Support Apprentice:
- Working as part of a team to install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software
- Working as part of a team to install, assemble and configure computers and other peripherals
- Working as part of a team to troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems, making repairs and corrections where required
- To keep accurate and up-to-date records of system checks and to maintain logs to enable the identification and resolution of issues
- To support team members in ensuring that appropriate measures are taken to ensure the security of data and equipment
- To provide appropriate support for teaching staff using ICT in the classroom
Requirements and prospects
Requirements of the IT Support Apprentice:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to understand customer issues and resolve them quickly and efficiently
- Good attention to detail
- Good desk-side manner
- Pro-active approach to work
- Professional outlook and presentation
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong team player keen to learn and contribute
An enthusiastic, professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.
Someone with ideally 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Mathematics and English.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
Things to consider
From 1st October 2016 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About the employer
A 6th form School based in London looking to recruit an IT apprentice to assist with all IT support related enquiries.
An award winning, Ofsted outstanding apprenticeship from QA - 94% go onto full-time jobs.
Apprenticeships and Vendor qualifications gained:
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering:
- Operating systems
- Server administration
- Customer support
- Networking and Security
You will gain City & Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems & Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) qualifications.
This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £30k in the IT sector.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Jun 2017