Early Years Apprenticeship THE OXFORD NURSERY LIMITED
We are looking for an apprentice to work as part of a team to provide quality care and supervision to children aged between 0 and 5. You will be under the supervision of qualified staff. To undertake training to develop underpinning knowledge and skills in becoming a qualified early years practitioner NVQ2 and Level 3.
Closing date: today
£122.50 - £196.00
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2017
10 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To maintain an educational, caring and professional attitude towards children, parents and staff.
- To work closely with the team and follow clear instructions.
- To ensure that risk assessments are understood and followed
- To maintain confidentiality always both in the workplace and college.
- Educating and supporting the children’s play both inside and outside.
- To maintain and comply with all the relevant standards of health & safety both in college and workplace.
- To adhere to the nursery policies on equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion. Including in-depth training regarding to child protection and whistle blowing.
- To adhere to security measures and the safety of the children.
- To assist in meeting all the children’s personal hygiene needs.
- To follow nursery hygiene procedures ensuring good personal hygiene is followed and correct uniform procedures are followed.
- To assist in the preparation of light meals and snacks.
- To report hazards or potential incidents to a member of staff.
- Write clear observational evidence about a child’s development.
- Being creative and self-motivated to help provide a varied and interesting environment for children to learn from.
Requirements and prospects
- Good, reliable, consistent communicator
- Puts training / theory into practice
- Good team player
- Some suitable life / study experience
- Capable on computer/tablet
GCSE’s Maths and English at grade C and above, preferred but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Childcare
- Key skills/Functional skills
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Oxford College
Ciera Kent 01865 551881 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today