Sewing Machinist Apprenticeship- Level 2 HALL UK (MANUFACTURING) LIMITED
HALL UK (MANUFACTURING) LIMITED are currently looking to recruit an Apprentice Sewing Machinist to support the business, based in Sheffield.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2017
09 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Working with industrial sewing machines, lock-stitch, over-lock, cover-seam.
- Working individually or within a team.
- Producing garments from start to finish to a high standard of quality from start to finish.
- Working to specification sheets.
- Liaising with the cutting department.
- General housekeeping duties within the department.
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria.
Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application .
Requirements and prospects
- Effectively use interpersonal and communication skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Effectively use organisation and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be reliable and supportive to other departments within the company
- Good communication skills
- Use creativity and independent thought to resolve issues.
- Confident telephone manner
- Multi tasker, polite, able to follow instructions but also show initiative.
- Excellent time keeping
- Team worker
- Able to work on own initiative
- Must be able to work on own initiative and organise own workload
- Creative and be able to put own ideas forward
3 GCSE's grade A*-C including English Language and Maths
relevant work experience of 2 years or more
(Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate)
Things to consider
About the employer
HALL UK (MANUFACTURING) LIMITED
Delivery to be completed onsite and day release at Barnsley College, Student to complete an intermediate technical certificate in textiles.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Rachelle Schofield 01226 216 166 email@example.com
With effect from October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017