This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to develop key skills required to gain the relevant qualifications.
Delamere Motors Ltd
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
£162.00 - £282.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday 9 am to 6pm. Saturdays when requested. One hour unpaid lunch. 2 x Paid breaks - Morning break-10.30-10.45 & afternoon break 3.30-3.45pm.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Apr 2017
09 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are a family business based in Telford and we have an opportunity for an apprentice bodyshop technician to join our senior technician and to support our professional team.
· Remove and replace vehicle components and assist in the preparation of vehicles for repair activities.
· Demonstrate safe working practices and assist in the maintenance of a clean and safe working environment.
· Taking body parts on and off, literally going to be preparing body work ie sanding, smoothing, mixing paints. Got to be able to rub things down and feel it, mask things up with tape in a straight line, be keen to learn.
· Ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to get into the bodyshop and paint world. This will NOT lead to mechanical work.
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for someone who is proactive, who will be able to pay attention to detail whilst preparing repairs as this is a very important area of the job.
Punctuality, good attendance on and off the job, able to ask questions if not sure of what has been asked or expected, desire and keeness to work and learn.
You will be able to demonstrate safe working practices and assist in the maintenance of a clean and safe working environment.
· Must be keen and willing to learn
· Working quickly while paying attention to detail
· Good communication
· Excellent practical skills
· The ability to work well within a team and on your own
· To be able to follow verbal and written instructions well
To apply for this position, you will need:
To have GCSE Math and English at grades A* - D, or equivalent qualifications in these subjects
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship we are seeking to support the candidate in a permanent contract with us subject to performance and progression to the level 3 apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This job will not lead to a mechanics role so please be aware of this before applying. Telford College are managing this vacancy on behalf of this company. As part of the screening process of applications you may be contacted by Telford College and invited in for a face to face interview as part of our screening process. Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour from 1st October 2016. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
About the employer
Delamere Motors Limited have an experienced team of mechanics who take care of all mechanical vehicle requirements including MOTs, and we have a fully equipped body shop for all vehicle bodywork needs.
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (day release to college)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT at level 1 or 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Vehicle Body and Paint
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Carol Bailey 01952 642271 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017