Hair Apprentice Hair & Beyond
Maintaining the salon to a high standard assist the stylist. work towards level 2 NVQ hairdressing
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
08 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice Hairdressers are responsible for many tasks within the salon:-
- Due to the nature of an apprentice it is important for trainees to have good communication skills and professional manner.
Hairdressing Duties: -
- Salon Cleanliness, one of the most important aspects of a salon apprentice is to ensure that the salon remains clean and can operate effectively. This will include duties like sweeping hair away efficiently, cleaning mirrors, floors, brushes, and colour bowls. You will also be required to keep various stock at the required level: salon stock, clean towels tea, coffee and other necessities. .
- Reception Duties: - Once trained the trainee will be responsible for making appointments in person and over the phone. You will be responsible for meeting and greeting clients, taking coats, preparing hot drinks ensuring the clients are comfortable from the moment they arrive.
- Assisting the stylist:-Offering hair care advice, shampooing and applying treatments, and even assist stylists closely with various practical tasks. Preparing equipment, colours and even blow-drying client’s hair.
Requirements and prospects
- Due to the nature of an apprenticeship it is important for apprentices to have good communication skills and professional manner.
- Preferably GCSEor equivalent grades A-C in maths and English but not desirable.
About the employer
Hair & Beyond
- This apprenticeship will involve alternate weekly tutorials in the collage, monthly visits to the salon from the tutor, and training is given in the salon all working towards NVQ level 2 hairdressing.
- Functional skills can be provided if required.
Training for Today
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training for Today
Joanne Braddock 01332 345450 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017