Playwork Apprenticeship - Level 2 FUN4U2 LIMITED
A Playwork Apprentice is required to provide high quality childcare, helping children with their learning, play, education and social development.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 21.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2017
08 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Sharing in the responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in the clubs.
- Ensuring daily domestic routines are completed in the setting, maintaining high standards to ensure the environment is safe, secure and clean at all times.
- Planning and implementation of appropriate programmes of activities for the children, helping children with their learning, play, educational and social development.
- Ensuring all record keeping on the child’s development is in-line with the clubs policies, and to respect the confidentiality of information received.
- Liaising with parents and encouraging their involvement in the aims of the clubs and in all aspects of their child/children’s care.
- Helping children with feeding, changing clothes, toileting etc.
- Ensuring each child is collected in accordance with the collection procedures.
- Contributing to the team effort.
- Liaising with all employees, children, Parents and Families to ensure the above tasks are completed effectively.
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiasm for working with young children
- An interest in the care, learning and development of young children
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Able to work in small teams
- A commitment to safeguarding children at all times
- 3 x GCSE A* to D including English Language or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Delivery to be completed onsite and day release at Barnsley College, Student to complete an intermediate technical certificate in Playwork.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Rachelle Schofield 01226 216157 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017