Health and Social Care Apprenticeship Parchment Trust Ltd
You will be working with our service users helping with the different activities and they will depend entirely on the needs and abilities of the individual but may include: swimming; using sensory equipment; passive exercise; shopping; eating out; cinema; outings; using public transport; music therapy.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
07 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The job purpose is to provide a creative, high quality, individual and personalised package of support to adults with profound and multiple disabilities.
To offer value for money, community presence and choice and working in partnership with the commissioners, service users, parents and carers.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities:
You will be working under supervision to plan and implement a varied and stimulating programme of activities for each individual with specific reference to the stated values, principles and ethics of this organisation.
- To provide a safe setting for the project and to maintain health and safety at work standards
- To understand and put into practice multi-agency guidelines on Safeguarding Adults at Risk
- To organise and maintain record systems on the individual’s activities and progress. This will involve hand written and electronic records
- Every twelve months, to organise a review of the service, as per the organisation’s published review schedule
- To provide assistance with personal care and hygiene
- To develop and maintain effective, professional working relationships with parents and carers, colleagues and managers
- To liaise effectively with other health care professionals re: appointments etc.
- To collect and return home the service user to his/her permanent or temporary place of residence as appropriate
- To manage the expenses allocated in a responsible manner and to provide receipts of all expenditure monthly, including the management of fuel expenditure
- To participate in staff training and meetings
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Able to assist in report writing and completing documentation
- Energetic and self-motivated
- The ability to work both as part of a team and individually
- A good level of general fitness to assist with manual transfers
Good GCSE results A*-C or equivalent are desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
Sussex Coast College Hastings will provide the apprenticeship framework which will include:
- NVQ/ Diploma
- Functional Skills
Sussex Coast College Hastings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
Health and Social Care
SUSSEX COAST COLLEGE HASTINGS
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Coast College Hastings
Debbie Baldock-Apps 01424 458557 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2017