Apprentice Chef The Fox Bar & Bistro
To work and support through the apprenticeship program the delivery of the catering operation and processes that support the operation of The Fox bar and Bistro, setting and ensuring the highest standards of safety and operational environment.
Closing date: 18 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
06 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To prepare, cook and serve food to the highest standard.
- To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, tidiness and maintenance of the kitchen and canteen are achieved at all times.
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and hygienic food handling are achieved at all times.
- To support members of staff regarding catering requirements for customers.
- To assist with ordering of food with preferred suppliers and ensure correct storage of food.
- To ensure the control of all departmental food and beverage wastage is kept to a minimal.
- To support other kitchen staff in their duties. To be fully conversant with the procedures for Fire, security, Health and Safety and Health and Hygiene.
Requirements and prospects
- Having a clear sense of purpose to drive action.
- Setting and meeting clear targets.
- Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality consistently and efficiently.
- Planning to achieve around deadlines, using initiative and sensitivity.
- Possessing communication skills that are clear, engaging and responsive.
- Have the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Creating an environment where staff are empowered to make decisions, work cohesively and build collaboration and trust.
- Maintaining a customer focused approach.
- Delegation and holding others to account.
- Management of time, working to tight deadlines to ensure priorities are met
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Ability to react quickly to requests and changes.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be flexible in approach to achieve desired outcomes.
- Pro-active and driven.
- A winning attitude.
- Strong ’can do’ approach.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- High work commitment.
- Willing to self-evaluate and work towards continuous improvement.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
A good understanding of Maths and English.
About the employer
The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 diploma in Catering & Hospitality.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Holly Webster 01422 418441 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Sep 2017