ATA Fabrication and Welding Apprentice Avw Fabrications Limited
Laser cutting, laser punch combination, folding, fabrication
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
07 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
AVW Fabrications are looking for a new member of staff to join their hard working team as a Fabrication and Welding Apprentice.
This position would involve learning how to use a range of different welding and fabricating techniques in order to be able to manufacture components to customer drawings.
The vacancies are for full time Apprenticeships and combine the opportunity of paid work with a formal training program, where attendance at college on a day release basis will be included and assessment of the skills will take place via visits from a college assessor.
We are looking for an individual who takes pride in their work, is well organised and is keen to learn.
This apprenticeship is a work based training programme which allows employees to compliment the skills that they learn, develop and use within the workplace with knowledge gained.
You will learn all aspects of Laser cutting, Laser Punch combination, folding, fabrication, based in Whetstone you will be part of a small friendly shop floor team.
If you’re still reading this and want to apply then we want to hear from you!
Requirements and prospects
- An interest in engineering is essential.
- Physically fit to move and lift sheet metal and a willingness to be on your feet all day and/or standing for long periods.
- Some experience in working with simple tools would be desirable as would an ability to understand technical drawings
- Hardworking, eager to learn, willing to take instruction, confident, enthusiastic, flexible
- Strong team player
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Remaining confidential at all times
- GCSE grades C (or equivalent) in English and Maths are essential. Design & Technology and/or Engineering qualification desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprenticeship will be achieved through assessments with a Leicester College Assessor in the workplace. There may be some training required at one of the college campuses.
Apprenticeship - VRQ Level 2/NVQ Level 2, ERR/ Key Skills Level 2/ Comms/AppOfNumber/ICT/OLP/
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Producing Sheet metal components and assemblies
- Producing Plate work components and assemblies
- Preparing and using Manual MIG, MAG and other wire welding equipment
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Recuirtment Team 0116 229 5558 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017