IT/Marketing Apprentice NETPOINT SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician / Marketing co-ordinator Apprentice with Netpoint Solutions based in Brighouse, West Yorkshire. This is a unique role in that covers dual responsibilities that are envisaged to be 65%/35% in favour of the IT Support Technician role.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
06 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The IT Support Technician will provide first line technical support to our customer base, whilst also working closely with our Operations Director to implement and execute our marketing plan.
Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls, emails and self-service tickets from internal staff regarding IT issues, queries and requests
- 1st line support - troubleshooting of IT-related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Phones, Laptops, PCs, thin-clients and Printers
- Troubleshoot basic network issues such as internet/intranet or network folder access
- Escalate unresolved calls to the relevant support teams
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups, etc.
- Telecoms account management and provisioning
- Arrangement of external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house
- Devise and maintain a marketing plan for the digital marketing channels
- Manage social networks activity, including researching & scheduling content
- Marketing campaigns including event organisation
- Testing the brand website regularly
- Management & development of website content
Requirements and prospects
- Although not mandatory, it is desirable that the successful applicant has an interest in computing, internet technologies, social media etc.
- Good understanding of brand awareness building
- SEO & SEM knowledge would be preferable
- Experience with Design Tools would be preferable
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational and troubleshooting skills
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Flexibility and ‘can-do’ attitude
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
NETPOINT SOLUTIONS LIMITED
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Alex Christodoulou 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017