Apprentice Early Years Practitioner North Ealing Primary School
Exciting apprenticeship opportunity working within Children’s Centres
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
03 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Preparing the areas for sessions and tidying up afterwards.
- Maintaining books and equipment.
- Helping to mount and display work where appropriate.
- Preparing fruit for snack time
- Developing learning whilst supervising children at play, having drinks, snacks etc.
- Supporting parents in caring for unwell children
- Giving basic First Aid
- Working with groups of children in learning activities throughout the seven areas of learning including:
- Reading, story telling, nursery rhymes
- Arts and crafts
- Singing, music and movement
- Encouraging language and speech development:
- Helping to extend vocabulary
- Helping children with poor speech
- Enhancing children’s play activities:
- In the role play area
- In imaginary games
- In sand and water play
- In table top activities
- Encouraging children to join in play
- Assessing the children through observation and activities to contribute to records
- Observing children’s play activities and discussing progress with other professionals
- Sensitive intervention to promote development in the areas of learning
- Contributing to discussions and analysis for the planning of programmes of work with children
- Supporting families to promote their children’s development
- Encouraging children to help with some jobs, tidying up etc.
- Helping children to learn self control in emotional and social behaviour
- Helping children to become self confident
- Helping children to become independent
- Liaising with other professionals as and when appropriate
- Communicating with parents, offering help and advice as necessary
- Taking part in workshops for parents where appropriate
- Any other duties, as requested by the Manager or Senior Staff as appropriate
- To promote the positive image of the Children’s Centre in the community
Any other tasks as may reasonably be asked of them by the Senior Leadership Team.
Requirements and prospects
- Desire to work with children and families
- Strong communicator
- Caring nature
Mathematics and English GCSE A*-C or equivalent preferred.
Things to consider
About the employer
Diploma in Early Years Educator Level 3.
Children and Young People's Workforce
REDWOOD EDUCATION AND SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Redwood skills
Sanjay Mehmi 02038179543 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017