Apprentice Nursery Nurse Acorns Day Nursery
Acorns Day Nursery are looking to recruit an Apprentice Nursery Nurse to join their team in Sale!
Closing date: 04 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
01 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities:
- To operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your room in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents/carers.
- Work with parents/carers of special needs children to give full integration in the Setting.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members.
- Be prepared to do evening courses.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, E.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the settings is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the children’s file.
- Looking upon the setting as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
- Ensure children are safe.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker.
- Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to an ill child.
- To ensure the setting of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times. To follow all Nursery Policies and Procedures, EYFS and H & S.
Requirements and prospects
Good communication skills
Friendly and caring
GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Acorns Day Nursery
- Level 2 NVQ in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Katrina O'Brien 0161 886 7461 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Sep 2017